The ultimate goal of education is to be a doctor or an engineer or a technician in existing society. Though it is right, we have realized that the ultimate goal should be to become a good citizen. The current need of the nation is to lead the education for meaningful life and fully developed society. This fact has been ignored in education. The major focus has been placed on fluency in speech in English, doing homework and securing position in examination. Community assesses schoolchildren by marks they obtain in examination rather than their cognitive, social, emotional, psychological, motor and moral development. Parents never think of how dutiful the child has been after school; how helpful and sociable he has been. Schools are providing mere theoretical knowledge: practical and behavioral aspects of education have been ignored. Children are lured by westernization and they are unaware of native culture, tradition, language, country and nationality.
Pathshala was founded in 2004 AD as co-educational English Medium School to cater the need of quality schooling in the context of 21st century learning. Education is an asset of every individual. This fact cannot be ignored in today’s globalized world. For some decades in Nepal, the ultimate goal of education has been to be a doctor or an engineer or a technician or empower students to get a job without placing values in personal integrity. Success at any cost and by any means is misleading the entire Nepalese society. The major focus has been placed on fluency of speech in English, doing homework and securing position in examination. Community assesses school children by marks they obtain in examination rather than their cognitive, social, emotional, psychological, motor and moral development. Parents hardly think of how responsible the child has been after school; how helpful and sociable she/he has been. Pathshala does not believe in providing mere theoretical knowledge: we rather follow practical and behavioral aspects of education. We have realized that the goal should be to become a good citizen along with the content of information. The current need of the nation is education for meaningful life. We believe few educated good people can influence and ignite change among larger mass.
The prime goal of the education should be profession oriented with humanity and ethics. Students should be responsible and accountable to the world, nation, community and family. Pathshala Nepal is established to address these issues and its activities are conducted to accomplish these goals. Though it is very challenging, innovative and creative; it is not impossible to achieve. The whole child, or whole person focus of learning can bring miraculous changes in students. Pathshala Nepal is an effort of a group of educators who are working for improving traditional instructional approaches. Since its inception, Pathshala is emerging as most sought after 21st Century education center and has been a source of inspiration for many other educational institutions in Nepal. It has been generally observed that many parents have been taking their children abroad seeking better education from Nepal’s schools whereas we have many examples of comeback. Pathshala team is proud to share that this institution has provided education with global standard with local values.
The vision of Pathshala Nepal is to develop all aspects of school life in meaningful situation so that children achieve their full potential both academically and socially. This education takes place within a challenging, stimulating and caring environment in which educational values are central to the ethos of the school and its teaching. ‘Meaningful Education for Meaningful Life’ is the motto of this school.
- To help students develop full potential with lively and enquiring minds, the ability to question and discuss rationally.
- To foster a warm and friendly atmosphere within a caring school community in which students’ self-esteem and respect for others can develop.
- To provide a broad, balanced curriculum which fulfills the requirements of the National Curriculum and which should be appropriate and matched to the development level and needs of individual students, giving due regard to the fundamental importance of maths and language.
- To help students to acquire knowledge and skills, encouraging them to take pride in their achievements.
- To promote the good conduct and sense of responsibility
- To promote respect for local values, tolerance of other races, religions and ways of life.
- To help students to appreciate human achievements and aspirations.
- To help students to understand the world in which they live and the interdependence of individuals, groups as well as nations.
- To provide equal opportunities, responsibilities and rights regardless of race, gender, background and ability to children.
- To enhance the partnership among students, parents and school in the education of our children.
- To promote the role of the school within the community, to encourage our students to care about and take responsibility for our environment both locally and globally.