Dear students, parents, guardians and teachers,
This information is being shared to all of you to be more alert on Dengue. Let’s work together to prevent ourselves from dengue. We expect your full support in this matter. Let’s follow the tips shared through this flyer and also share this information to others.
DEAR STUDENTS, YOU ARE ALL EXPECTED TO COME TO SCHOOL IN FULL-SLEEVE DRESSES. PLEASE APPLY MOSQUITO REPELLENT BEFORE YOU COME TO SCHOOL.
Stop mosquito from Breeding
- Mosquitoes breed by laying eggs in and near standing water.
- As little as one teaspoon or bottle cap of water standing for more than one week is enough for mosquitoes to breed and multiply.
- Put away items that are outside and not being used because they could hold standing water
- At least once a week, empty, turn over or cover anything that could hold water: tires, buckets, toys , pools and pool covers birdbaths trash, trash containers and recycling bins boat or car covers roof gutters coolers pet dishes
- Keep flower pots and saucers free of standing water. Some plants, such as bromeliads, hold water in their leavers-flush out water-holding plants with your house once a week.
If you show signs of dengue, seek medical attention at the nearest health facilities.
What is it?
Dengue fever is a disease caused by a virus carried by the Aedes aegypti mosquito.
Dengue fever is spread from person to person by the Infected Aedes aegypti mosquito.
Signs and symptoms of dengue fever include:
|High fever||Headache (sometimes severe)|
|Muscle and joint pains||Backache|
|Pain behind the eyes||Vomiting|
|in severe cases complication like bleeding can occur.|
Don’t use ASPIRIN or similar anti medications such as Motrin, Olfen, or Ibuprofen.
These may cause complications such as bleeding which can cause shock.
Home remedies for Dengue fever
- Barley grass helps to increase body’s blood platelets
- Basil (tulasi) leaves give relief from dengue fever
- Neem aids in increasing body’s blood platelets
- Papaya(mewa) leaves help to cure dengue fever
- Orange juice helps in treating symptoms of dengue
- Water keeps the body hydrated and helps to ease symptoms of dengue.
Pathshala Environment Science Club